Re: Introducing Glorantha: Interesting facts/geography/eye candy of the world

From: hcarteau_at_PsDW4dGahwsjujJImm4EV9j2T2ycvpyWL_7kzCs8lv1p0INvbQfpB0VcOkVun3ER4gw
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 22:51:52 +0100 (CET)

Dude, you are so awesome!
//// A thousand thanks.

I have the Sartar book and I'm trying to grasp magic in this world.
/// If it's in Sartar, it's Gods' magic. It's in you, part of you. You are born with Powers in you that define your character and your magics. Most men are Air, most women Earth. All uses of these Runes are copying what the Gods did, in their time.

I'm thinking of toning down magic a little. I don't think I want people flying around magically or shooting lighting bolts yet.
/// Do it whatever way you like, but PCs love to fly around and throw bolts of lightning ! Only if they do that, they can't do other, useful Magics like the ones for Crops, Childbirth and the really important things. So they're either holy men, warriors or misfits. Or all of them.

No, there's this thing called THE BLOCK next to a river south of Days Rest and The Dead Place, SE of Sartar.
/// It's a piece of the Original Spike, Moutain of the Gods, that fell on the devil and crushed it after its fight against Urox the Great Bull. The devil is still under it, with chaotic juices seeping from there, and a tribe of uroxi berserks living close to kill anyone trying to remove a chip of the Block and any chaotic horror that limps away.

The cave man idea sounds very interesting too!
/// Do read the GRIFFIN MOUNTAIN pack if you have the time, in the Glorantha classics collection. You'd have to adapt the rules to HQ but it's a perfect setting for beginners.