Re: A sense of scale

From: Phil Hibbs <snarks_at_2MvJKqj_Pos2XoUZdiSPKtqLxFP4wrWudMIhTh6xdAJGzGftS8bCN362fk2Ca9O50eJRT>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:32:16 +0000

Mark Mohrfield:
>I asked Greg Stafford if this was the case at one of the RuneQuest/Glorantha
> cons, and his reply was that the Gloranthan year genuinely was shorter
than
> an earth year.

But, apparently a pregnancy still lasts around three quarters of a year. I had thought that he had set the year length at that because that was near the human gestation period, but apparently not. It's slightly too long anyway, even if you take out Sacred Time, although "The World Health Organization defines normal term for delivery as between 37 weeks and 42 weeks" according to Wikipedia, and the Gloranthan year is 42 weeks incliuding Sacred Time so it's within reasonable bounds.

Phil.