Re: A sense of smelt

From: hcarteau_at_FZbhErmCHqZD19Uf9zQ3Dnv0_9sgClZIRLsSPEtseStLAJ_FSK1ux5cNmIXXzFMvkup
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 23:00:03 +0100 (CET)

(In my personal take on the Blood Over Gold Setting, the native smithing magic comes from spirits. The difficulty of working metal with the native equipment is high enough that they generally have to release the spirit to add its rating to their own, making worked bronze very rare and expensive....until the trader princes returned and brought in foreign work and cults. This close to wiped out these tradional bone-smiths)

/// Interesting ! We had the Elfael clan, close to Fay Jee, which runs bronze mines, but I never defined who refined it. For me, they sold it to Fay Jee. There was also the Digger clan, up north, which mined lead (and ice). There was also "bog lumps" of metal found in the swamps. All this made Fay Jee pretty metal-rich, but for any seriously-made metal device, you came to the city. No hick smith could forge a proper sword.