Re: Introducing Glorantha: Interesting facts/geography/eye candy of the world

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_iGYINGw-E-R9re-rw3c69LR1jZ1duR12fONgguREv3l69rH9biAwN1JLEicCKo2O>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:07:07 -0000

I'd forgotten about those. They inspired me, so I have submitted the following:

An Agimor, a Dark Troll and a Mostali are lost in the wastes. They come to an abandoned settlement and search it for food or water, and each finds a container with some water in it. The Agimori cries out "Good news, I've found a canteen half full of water". "What terrible luck" called out the Dark Troll, "I've found a bottle that's half empty." "Worse than that" said the Mostali, "this jar is twice as big as it needs to be".

A Sartarite criminal was convicted and sent to a Danfive Xaron labour camp, but was finding the strictures of the Danfive Xaron cult difficult to adhere to. He escaped, but was tracked down by a Cenobite of the cult, who finds him wenching and carousing in a tavern.

"You must renounce your wickedness!" demanded the Cenobite, dragging the Sartarite out on to the street.
"Honestly, I think it's too late for me to repent." replied the Sartarite.
"It's never too late to change your ways." said the Cenobite sternly.
"Well then there's no hurry, I'll see you in the morning!" said the Sartarite, running back into the tavern.

An Issaries trader, a Lokarnos wagoner and a trickster come across three dead horses on the road. They agree to take one each and see what they can get for them. Later they meet up at a tavern and compare their earnings. The Lokarnos wagoner says "I sold the hoofs of mine to a glue maker for 6 clacks." The Issaries trader says "I sold the hide of mine to the tanner for 8 clack". The trickster says "I sold 200 raffle tickets for a horse in prime condition, at 2L a ticket." His companions looked at him in horror. "What did you do when the winner found out the horse was dead?" asks the Issarian. The trickster laughed. "No problem, I just gave him his money back."

Simon Hibbs