Introducing Glorantha: Interesting facts/geography/eye candy of the world

From: michaelL <michaelalewis25_at__r9_b7vDg-0_tYKT3xXBLDqOLPYiiSROIe4L7cuums-M1-XEppEHiUpce0CA>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:57:42 -0000

Hi all,

I'm about to start a Glorantha in a couple of weeks after having just finished HQII. What got me interested in the setting is the unique differences to more traditional fantasy settings. I really loved reading the Glorantha voices. I like how the minor races are really different and alien.

What I know: Dragons are big as mountains; There's a giant dragon skull that you can travel under; dragons dream other dragons that can kill you; There's a hole in the middle of the ocean; An animal herd herds dumb humans; there's a "big spike" on the map(no idea what that is); This Lunar empire(Romans?) empire is visible as a reddish haze.

Could you give me some other fascinating aspects of the world to help interest my players?

Thanks,

Michael