Re: A sense of smell

From: jorganos <joe_at_CfZD1wQBc1vkGAQh2ycraJfiyzCoEBBvwUGJ4yy9QX88JAzZW2REjHPXdjxxsUpk8uzVvHkI>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 20:10:22 -0000

Jeff:
>>> Sorry, probably both cultures regularly bathe. Being gloriously dirty is for Pelorian farmers, Praxians, Balazarings, Ramalians, Pentans, and many Hsunchen. But the Orlanthi and the Dara Happans both bathe.

Hsunchen (and probably any stealthy hunter able to survive) are frequent customers of the steam hut. It's herders or farmers who can afford that much musk, and possibly fisherfolk.

David:
>> Perhaps, but the Lunars still do it in a suspiciously decadent manner.

Roderick:
> They use *hot* water.

Personally, I am convinced that the Dara Happans don't use water, but scented oils for body hygiene. The very pious might even burn these oils directly after application, others with less integration of the Fire rune probably scrape them off before burning them.