Re: A sense of smelt

From: jorganos <joe_at_nPdR2TDkxk9JQx3TOGyt7fPVq8erhbkXSiw3A3NaHYWEwAtxZvkUNoFu1hsrWRGk2FGwLNTd>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 20:24:45 -0000

Simon Phipp:
> There's another important factor that, I believe, nobody has mentioned yet.

> The Copper Sands are the remnants of the People of Genert. Even Praxians know that these people are their distant ancestors. It might also be guarded by the ghosts of those ancestors.

Distant cousins at best - the Protectresses may have been sisters of the ancestresses of the Copper People. The Praxian beast nomads are about as native to the Wastes as the Horse nomads were to Dara Happa.

> Because of that, I would think that the Praxians and Oasis People would not particularly want to desecrate the Copper Sands.

The Oasis People might have a closer relation to the folk in Genert's Garden, although Prax always was friendly to but separate from Genert's realm.

I don't think that the beast nomads would have too much respect to use these dead oasis folk. The only earth walkers they respect are those of the Paps. I can imagine that some Praxians would be proud to know that their bones would fight on as weapons of their descendants.

> Lunars, on the other hand, would have no such scruples and would be able to exploit the resource. However, it is very remote, across trackless wasteland and guarded by hostile nomads, chaos forces and the spirits of the dead.

In other words, a great business opportunity, with nearby targets for proselytizing the Liberation of the Lunar Way (the chaos forces). The hostile nomads can be pushed away using friendly nomads. The spirits of the dead just provide more raw materials to use in this endeavour.