RE: Re: A sense of scale

From: chris jensen romer <chrisjensenromer_at_abzCi8WpQy9qY2LvVt4kKBek4QUNendNmtH25q2bnYZb7KvMfi0Scx3lU5b>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:44:28 +0000

how is bronze recovered from the White Sea? From islands? from trade with Ludoch Malasps or similar? or by dredging?

To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
From: richaje_at_34RFyKbvAAiKH4OdHENacWWW6cU9s7aC_xUEOQxWUNdkGT2vI_0N-ukimx_owpKddtu01VQKgg.yahoo.invalid Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 06:44:10 +0000
Subject: Re: A sense of scale

      > Gloranthan bronze can be produced from the unalloyed metals (or their ores), too. Given the ubiquity of earth deities, tin as the sky metal is the rare portion that needs long distance transportation. Luckily, it takes only a small amount of tin to produce bronze.

Copper is likely quite common in Esrolia, Prax (the locals just don't know it), Pelanda, Saird, and plenty of other places. But tin is going to be rarer.

> Umath was shredded to pieces by Jagrekriand, forming among others the Shan Shan mountains and the Thunder Delta.

So some say. Fwiw, Umath's body crashed significantly north of the Thunder Delta - which means going deep into the White Sea to get your bronze (a nice twist on the amber trade). The Shan Shan are probably Kralorela's source of bronze - meaning you have to deal with potential hostile Hsunchen bands to get your bronze.

>In Western Pamaltela, we have the demise of Desero and his horde. And while the Vadrudi usually inflicted death rather than suffering it, they went everywhere and had fights everywhere.

In many places. Not everywhere. Some places you won't find them at all.

Jeff