Re: Rune magic -- Disorder

From: Jeff <richaje_at_CWQW8skXrtZaUkLtE2F-Br0UFPDUESLpLCzPvKiG-ZJ8Ze6X9He-j29qUDGHgI9hyJuV>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:16:23 -0000

> To me the surprising inclusion on this list was Lodril. Some aspects of Lodril certainly merit this rune, but does Lodril also merit this rune in his capacity as the god of unambitious Pelorian peasant farmers? Are we playing up the earthy, mischievous slightly subversive side of even the non-violent aspects of Lodril now? Maybe Lodril is such a "broad church" that not every aspect of Lodril should have the same three runes?

Lodril is a shockingly unruly god and a shockingly unruly cult. And he's not always just mischevious. His rebellions are violent, murderous, and pointlessly destructive - just like peasant rebellions everywhere. And like Maran Gor, he's also an earthquake god.

> For Maran Gor and Zorak Zoran (but not Lanbril, and most of the time not Eurmal or Lodril either), this Rune also seems to be a way of saying 'berserk violence' without using the Death rune. Why not the Destruction rune though?

Because I got rid of the Destruction rune for game rules purposes - there needed to be an upper limit on the number of runes that players, narrators, and writers (!) should be expected to keep track of.

> What am I missing?

Probably that many of the runes you are referring to are not used in the game rules.

Jeff