Re: a dragons head

From: Jeff <richaje_at_-h5Jzi9TnRwxJOlamMKnATRx3sA02qyIj-USqARKaftMQjWnl6Hjg7Dr7mSPlQgDNt60>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 06:43:53 -0000

> > 1. Carry it around and use it to scare the bejeezus out of your enemies!
> Absolutely. Well, probably a bit big to carry around every day.

That's what your followers are for! :D

> > 2. Use it to talk to dragonewts.
>
> Interesting. I wonder how that works. Clearly the dragon being dead and all will offer some practical problems. But nothing that draconic magic can't transcend.

Exactly. Heck, it may talk even though it is dead.

> > And so on and so on. If your players want to run with it, give it to them as a magical sidekick and let them figure out what it does.
>
> Nice idea.
>
> Or it could just be one of those random abilities ('has Dragons Head 19') and I can let the players figure it out from there, in the true heroquest spirit.

If decapitating Lalach was a huge triumph (the sort of the thing legends are made of), I'd suggest having the head be a magical sidekick to be developed by the players. That way they get something more than the run-of-the-mill ability. If decapitating Lalach was just part of a hard day's work, then make it a random ability.

Jeff