Re: Secrets of the Than

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_aJW3jxO0SoylDkvjJ43H5J5zFXYKStzrOaeY37n7RCwG_gR3lc5DUqP0CuiIwx1wJPp>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:54:32 +1300

On 11/24/2011 3:37 AM, Peter Larsen wrote:
> I think that one aspect of what makes an act (or many acts, at any rate)
> chaotic or not is whether they are done for "selfish" reasons.

Yet Lanbril is essentially selfish but his worshippers are not chaotic. I think that some acts are chaotic because they were made so in the Great Darkness (ie Ragnaglar and Rape). Many evil acts are also chaotic but an evil act is not intrinsically chaotic.
> Ogres eat human meat because they think of humans as
> animals (and because it tastes good and gives them personal power).

Uz and Morokanth also eat humans yet aren't chaotic. Ogres are because they sold out to the Devil during the Darkness.

--Peter Metcalfe