Re: Secrets of Chaos

From: hcarteau_at_QdjQ0nix6pLSM94xRWY1PElQQA6qgEE5rgbt3Z3Vor914__LIHKPUWs5e38zLclUijy
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:09:27 +0100 (CET)

(snip) I can see the analogy of chaos magic with the nuclear bomb. Nuclear power less so - I don't know of any peaceful uses of chaos magic.
/// In my Glorantha, there's an entropy "reactor" at the heart of every Reaching Moon temple : a huge chunk of moonstone which gives off weird emanations and can mutate people. There are smaller chunks powering some moonboats, and their "engine room" is a frigthening place, with warning signs on the doors. It worked very well to frighten the hell out of the players in my Tarsh campaign.

(snip) So what the average Lunar citizen thinks is of little concern to the Emperor or government.
/// Chinese and russian citizens don't live in democracies and nobody asks them their opinion ; yet they're as ignorant and afraid of it as we are - and they like having the lights working too. I make no difference in politics here, I just look to something players can relate too when describing reactions to chaos / entropy.