Re: Secrets of the Than

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_XoDYybzWfmKHCdRriMt5AoOAJgAnAoJD1aVlqB5-vlqwcTN0w-S78xmvd9miPHec-bZ>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 09:51:38 +1300

On 11/25/2011 2:24 AM, Peter Larsen wrote:

> Lanbril's thefts are entirely material though (as I recall; if I am wrong,
> I am sure someone will correct me. Quickly.)

Cannibalism and rape are also material!

> Uz eat everything; it's their nature. Anyway, and Uz eating an Uz would be
> cannibalism.

Karrg's sons are obliged to eat a relative every holy day. The parenthetical statement that this can be a trollkin means they can eat full trolls (and before the Trollkin curse - they could have only eaten full trolls).

> A human eating a human would be cannibalism.

But is an Ogre eating a human cannibalism (ie they are the same species) or following its nature (they are a different species that views humans as animals)? Either way they cannot be chaotic solely by being eating humans. I don't find the fine lines you craft between Uz Cannibalism and Ogre Cannibalism to be at all persuasive.

> Morokanth don't eat humans; they eat herd people, who are, by definition,
> animals.

I doubt the Morokanth observe such distinctions between people and not-people when it comes to Outlanders.

--Peter Metcalfe