Re: The origin of Ogres.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_xpRamtbpRcSD3AotNHyYh8atexNH98EAGsHIufibydgv4BPSP7VNQA8xeiB-TRKARxH>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:34:45 +1300

On 11/27/2011 11:13 PM, Nick Eden wrote:
> Though I remember it being said that committing the act of rape could turn
> you into a broo, so at the very least there are rituals one can commit
> without being aware of it.

We are not given an example of a rapist turning into a Broo or how a rapist would turn into a Broo so it's not a refutation of my theory of chaotic damnation through magic and bad works. I'm inclined (at least for the Orlanthi) to think the transformation is a curse invoked by the Orlanthi Priests as they already have a mythic justification for it (King of Sartar p77). They prefer to send the Babeestor Gori nowadays because turning someone into a broo is a bit too close to chaos for their liking.

--Peter Metcalfe