Re: Relationships. Getting help

From: Paul King <paul_at_tlZcqo6rb2kye0txL9XIpB1I6U5i2M_EG_pzX2TI2aTG_uMQP2J2N5g3nPGhOXZGtr_Notl>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:39:30 +0000

On 30 Nov 2011, at 16:25, michaelL wrote:

> Do you have to have a relationship ability on your character sheet to get help from people in your clan?
>
> For instance, if I needed healing from a priestess, would I have to have the ability: relationship healer?
>
> What if a character dosen't have any kin (What a surprise! A PC playing a loner!). Does he need that ability to ask for healing?
>
> Michael

Clan membership includes an automatic relationship with the clan. A relationship with the clan healer would be a more specific ability, and perhaps might be easier to use, some of the time. But the relationship with the clan should be enough to get help from anyone in the clan.

A character without kin is outside of Orlanthi society. All the clan are kin. If a character isn't part of the clan (perhaps a thrall or a hireling or the mad shaman who lives over on that hill) it's still a good idea to have a relationship with the clan or the chief or someone who can get help.