Re: chaos mages/sorcerers

From: Nick Eden <nick_at__Ee090qmTlUOpCuOHux12zjYCHjfyqMDk0xWpkRXLHKNOhaAinwG5TnJk13dIXkR3FuCxhW>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 11:49:17 +0000

Well there are animist and thesit traditions which invoke of channel chaotic entities, but there are also wizards who use chaotic powers. There is a type of magic called Tapping, in which something worldly is destroyed to make power to fuel spells. Most wizards won't do it. A few will with particular limitations about what they tap. One sect (Borists I think, one of the many little practices from Salfester IIRC) hold that tapping chaotic creatures is acceptable, and so wind up absorbing their chaotic nature into themselves.

That's rather a traditional RQ3 understanding, it may all be seen differently through an HQ2 lens.