Re: What's Iluminated?

From: David Scott <sciencefish_at_-m_ljuDuanzQcuGGE1r58RMZ53gkMZCYkYhnNFpAtJd-wuOgXBJzHXMwiL_0Qvrp>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 11:39:29 +0000

On 4 Dec 2011, at 01:12, chris jensen romer wrote:

> If you are running Mongoose Runequest then there are rules for it I think in the form of Draconic Illumination, which will probably differ from the Lunar from rather extremely. :)

The outcome of illumination will always be the same, the path to it may differ.

> I'm trying to work out how the Illuminatition of Idogatha the Sage from the era of Kavanyar should work in mechanical terms in Runequest tonight :)

There are no mechanics needed for the outcome unless you want illumination to have a value like a skill, which then somewhat defeats it's point. In game terms it allows you to mix up things that are normally disallowed: opposite runes, incompatible cults including chaos cults and characters need not follow moral strictures.

IMO it's important to decide if the person has fallen by the way in their illumination having confused themselves with the one and the many. Are they continuing as normal (boring for a game) or abusing their understanding and going bad (Lunars call this occlusion). Then they can be used as nemesis, evil villains, etc. Bear in mind that not everyone will go bad. For the real world of illumination, check out "After the Ecstasy, the Laundry" by Jack Kornfield. The title sums illumination/enlightenment up.

> Anyone know of any sources on Idogatha?

What was your original source

David

David Scott. Mac & PC Computer Support.