Re: Red Goddess and Compromise

From: jorganos <joe_at_XocSksarwpwugbZYqDhacO2d2qwERZo0b7ImbOJPGYormC7pZ_89QYH6xrPZ0630yP1aUPg.>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 13:21:00 -0000

Me:
>> First off, is there a documented absence of the Dead Moon/former Planet known as Verithurus (and/or Jernedeus) at the Ritual of the Net? All the dead deities of Yelm's Court in Hell participated, right?

Peter:
> Yelm only appears in the ritual of the net from the Orlanthi perspective. The Orlanthi will see him and some other gods but they will not see each and every member of Yelm's Court because they do not know them.

That's sort of the point I want to make. What proof is there that the Red Goddess wasn't part of the Compromise? Given her identification with several of the lesser planetary "sons" of Yelm, I find it highly unlikely that these were absent from the Ritual of the Net (from an Orlanthi perspective).

Raising a huge chunk of earth into the Middle Air still remains an offensive act and probably is more divine activity in the middle world than it normally can sustain, but this was part of the God Time events in the Battle of Castle Blue. (God Time in the sense that there were deities present well beyond the strictures of Time - and presumably Compromise - and that these events might be heroquested to. Events like the Battles of Night and Day, Stormfall, First Battle of Chaos or possibly Belintar's final fight against the Only Old One and the Lead Hills monster would be somewhat outside of Time.)

>> Aside: Did Jagrekriand/Shargash participate, or was he still among the "living" surface deities (who got accepted in the Compromise nevertheless)?
> What living surface deities? Everybody had died. Even Humakt was there.

The Clan Questionnaire names:
o Elmal, the Suffering Sun
o Kolat, the Spirit Wind.
o Storm Bull, the Mindless Storm.
o Humakt, the Lord of Death.
o Yinkin, the Alynx God.
o Lady of the Wild.

Of course, plurilocation may cause a god to have been both there and on the surface world. I meant those deities who remained active during the Gray Age rather than return in the wake of Voria.

>> Shah Nadar was a worshipper of Natha,

> Nadar was only known as the Avenger, which does not mean that he
> worshipped Natha.

Explicitly described as Nathic Avenger.