Re: Red Goddess and Compromise

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_T9O6j9870oisIT9C0ij38PSJFCzAeTF02WjznqIBtRxOsnegf7tyfNVWM4AzzEWrHTM>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 08:00:21 +1300

On 12/7/2011 2:21 AM, jorganos wrote:

> What proof is there that the Red Goddess wasn't part of the Compromise?
Gods that do not appear in the Orlanthi myths are not part of the Compromise.

> Given her identification with several of the lesser planetary "sons" of Yelm, I find it highly unlikely that these were absent from the Ritual of the Net (from an Orlanthi perspective).

Again the Orlanthi don't see the enemies with that amount of detail. They would be lucky enough to pick out their particular rival but compiling a order of battle for the Fire Tribe? They are not God Learners.

>> What living surface deities? Everybody had died. Even Humakt was there.
> The Clan Questionnaire names:
> o Elmal, the Suffering Sun
> o Kolat, the Spirit Wind.
> o Storm Bull, the Mindless Storm.
> o Humakt, the Lord of Death.
> o Yinkin, the Alynx God.
> o Lady of the Wild.

Which question? It doesn't appear in Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes or Orlanth is Dead!

> [Nadar is] Explicitly described as Nathic Avenger.

I would prefer a source rather than a statement.

--Peter Metcalfe