Emphasis and Compromise

From: hcarteau_at_ceFNBpsV8tzZ6E5GLxRWQJshqLZngMTFYmRPo7UC86T1BtFKXD1hK6Y1vltLYT-YlqL
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 18:05:11 +0100 (CET)

> Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_> wrote:

In which case, less emphatic statements are preferable. Saying that you recall Nadar being described as a Nathic Avenger is a lot better than just stating that he is without giving supporting evidence.

/// Nah, I'm good with emphasis and definitive statements. It's very gloranthan : everybody KNOWS he's right. The others got it wrong. So we make up our little stories and present them here, and begin comparing, analyzing and squabbling.

Some threads I don't follow, some I read voraciously. Each of you has his style which I can now recognize, and his pet subjects. To quote the great skald John Lee Hooker, to whom I am presently listening, "I like it like that".