Re: Misapplied Magic in Wenelia

From: hcarteau_at_6_f2YODTER-SuQAW96CfV3qpx_SDwwPndlE2qWBzmdTZSdBExkRtkVKhd9V9OnnRWQm
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 19:28:14 +0100 (CET)

De: Nick the Nevermet <nick.the.nevermet_at_GSWI0y3JFVQ2eTYSI1UjhF1FkAiKoJXC4PAoZdYV6cV3pESTr8C4LDEEkgAK8lRWxtCImJxH-aU02XQKnQL5eGY.yahoo.invalid>

That was another thing I've been going back and forth about in my head: whether or not the Trader Princes had all 4 castes, or not, and how did that work in their heterogeneous cities.

/// The asharans have talari, the mercheant princes themselves, served by dronari and protected by horali. But it's not a rigid caste system, rather a set of guidelines. You can move into another caste, especially if you become rich and prove God smiles over you. And there are no whole clans of horalis, as in Seshnela. Anyway they are so few in numbers most of their muscle are barbarian mercenaries.

So, there would be a Caselein medicine lodge among the Wenelians? That makes sense.
/// "The Lodge of the Great Talker" is the name used by the Otter Rock clan, Fay Jee's closest neighbour.