Re: Red Goddess and Compromise

From: Jeff <richaje_at_GChYvuhb1yQUC-iQoqv-DBzXO3ITmwNPuuFKZecmEDZMl_FGTYhhTtNJ-2QasEUfgnlu>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 05:43:49 -0000

> They aren't named as being there. That means nothing. Passing mention of deities like Magasta and Subere and Flamal who are part of neither Heortling nor Yelmic myth makes it clear the Orlanthi believe the Ritual of the Net included all deities, not just the Orlanthi or Yelmic ones who have larger roles in the story.

Magasta, Subere, and Flamal are all known to the Orlanthi of Dragon Pass and Kethaela, and play (minor) roles in Orlanthi mythology (usually as enemies - although Flamal is an early husband of Ernalda).

> This doesn't mean the Orlanthi are right, of course. But I think if you asked an Orlanthi sage " Is <weird foreign deity> bound by the Great Compromise?" (say, Seshna or Basko} their answer would be something along the lines of "of course! All deities are."

Except those awful new deities that showed up inside Time, did things that can't be done, use Chaos, and try to break the Compromise by killing the gods of the Compromise. You know who I speak of: Gbaji, Zistor, and Shepelkirt (who the Lunars call their Red Goddess).

Jeff