Re: Red Goddess and Compromise

From: Jeff <richaje_at_zxmxIvg6RCiXI0RdXxKAndEBgYilEAZwBeaxkn9M5kmc5j1Ce5fmJFK5drQYPMyNjjmU>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 17:32:35 -0000

> In this rather long thread some seem to have assumed that The Ritual of
> the Net and the Cosmic Compromise are objectively true events. But of
> course they are just Theyalan myths; other cultures see things
> differently. So "is not part of the Ritual..." should mean "Heortlings
> say she is not part of the Ritual...". Although the "she includes and
> uses Chaos" is objectively true.

Not "Heortlings say she is not part of the Ritual" but "She is not part of the Ritual the Heortlings experience." Lots of weird shadowy deities, demons, solar gods, monstrous spirits, and things that kill us all hold part of the Web. But not Shepelkirt. She forced her way into the Cosmos but doesn't hold the Web. Or are you forgetting what we saw last Sacred Time? I know we can't speak of it, lest our loose tongue bring curses against Ohmadavar, but you know of what I speak.

Jeff