Re: Red Goddess and Compromise

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_GhI4RzhoIGpx3LcNpdpla1z8tfNzisZcp7OLRZi-pq4Mcag1H0mqu_KoIoOuS5NTRVK>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 10:57:41 +1300

On 12/10/2011 12:32 AM, David Cake wrote:
> I don't disagree with Peters conclusion (that the Red Goddess is not considered to be part of the Compromise). I just disagree with the argument that the Orlanthi know that because they checked the guest list at the Ritual of the Net and she wasn't on it.

That is not my argument or even what was being debated. Joerg raised the question of her presence at the ritual of the net and I said she wasn't. What I also explained was the limitations of the use of mythical knowledge (ie observation of the myth as witnessed on the Hero Plane) to resolve cosmological questions.

--Peter Metcalfe