Re: Trying to illuminate Humakt

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_iR55xzkm5C0BBI-kk91lNQAAw_F-07y7tGkIsoOOazxI7t6BnIhqsTRiZlpbQPNnUUc>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 10:46:53 +1300

On 12/10/2011 1:10 AM, Richard Hayes wrote: > Cults of Prax describes the Humakt cult as hating Chaos (one big difference between the Humakt and Yanafal cults, for example, is said to be that Yanafal does not share Humakt's hatred of Chaos), A hatred which is not present in the actual writeup of Humakt. Individual Humakti may hate chaos but to the God keeping the boundary between life and death clear is more important. If the boundary is not kept clear then chaos may result. That said, the Humakti myths of the Great Darkness identify Orlanth as the chief villain.

> but it also says that the Humakt cult tolerates indvidual creatures of Chaos as members provided they can abide by the cult's strict rules (which few can). Is this still current?

Ralzakark has a regiment of Humakti Broos in Dorastor.

> If I remember correctly the RQ Dorastor book published by Avalon Hill (ages ago) said that they weren't really a proper Humakti temple, as in truth they worshipped a demon associated with sword-fighting which they mistakenly thought was Humakt.
The statement was by Stevie rather than a published one and I couldn't seen the point in making the Dorastran Humakt a false one.

--Peter Metcalfe