Re: Arinsor the misunderstood or the krajlki demon ?

From: David Cake <dave_at_n1bs9OAfTLC3nz6v5T0uqcITquLAnOxD8iN8MpOqqDcOXROXbjGIrF0DggdIcoyvebJbWcX>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:59:16 +0800

On 13/12/2011, at 12:38 PM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> On 12/13/2011 6:41 AM, Richard Hayes wrote:

>> Westerners' Chaos-detecting abilities can be a bit patchy, as Trolls were sometimes called Krjalki too.

> The Westerners didn't call the Uz Krjalki because they registered as
> chaotic on their detect chaos magics. They called them Krjalki because
> they looked chaotic.
	Yep. I'm not even sure most Western sects have access to any form of Detect Chaos magic.
	I'm not sure most Westerners see an important distinction between chaos monsters and other forms of horrible monsters, or chaos sorcery and other forms of horrible heresy. Borists do, obviously, and probably Arkati.

>> That Arinsor was a foe of Talor doesn't help either, as Talor was a noted Chaos fighter. (Come to think of it, what kind of magic did Talor's Vampiric foes use?)
> Talor didn't fight Vampires in Fronela.

	Well, he may have. He probably fought a lot of things, given he was at war with the Bright Empire and its allies for decades. But he certainly wasn't notably famous for it, as he was for fighting Telmori and Arinsor and Varganthar. It is certainly possible that some vampires made their way to Fronela (given the number in Fronela at the time) or that Talor fought some while in Fronela. But if he did so, it wasn't that important compared to his other, more famous, foes.
	Cheers
		David