Re: Arinsor the misunderstood or the krajlki demon ?

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_jgOjtrdokcW4BLSYB6uZSQCikZJZkpCUfzFu6BRM3cxDLbjk6ltBX2DUvXaw>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 00:46:00 +0000 (GMT)

At one level this is clearly correct.

However  if a vampire can't drink blood without permanently harming those it feeds upon, this says something important about what a vampire is in Glorantha. Different possibilities open up if a vampire could feed without  causing serious or permanent harm, but this may be unGloranthan. Hence my question
Is this just a dry point about game mechanics, or does it say something more about the game world?
Richard Hayes

From: Jeff <richaje_at_XrLIG0NXhrls-gpKQVrLZMCv7v_iHCVr5AmgS2VU_SvulPJcWEMPbADTpKUvmafG11mWT4F5ENN0VA.yahoo.invalid> To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, 13 December 2011, 15:45
Subject: Re: Arinsor the misunderstood or the krajlki demon ?

> It says something about that particular vampire, at that particular time.
> A game system may model vampirism in one specific way, for simplicity. That
> doesn't mean that it is really like that in Glorantha.

Phil has this 100% correct.

Jeff

Yahoo! Groups Links