Re: Vampirism

From: Phil Hibbs <snarks_at_IphEdh8HbDIwhKV21IpZ5AH9hnm5RhS5YqwU5TtovYoSOayMTCb6-YEFtaREGb47h1LBJ>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:22:50 +0000

Peter Metcalfe:
>It's not HQ - it's just that the magic comes from the God and the idea
>that a God would be unable to tell whether the magic is being used on
>the behalf of a worshipper or a vampire carries more than the whiff of
>implausibility to me even using RQ rules.

Gods don't get a choice in the matter. Don't you remember your God Learning 101?

"Remember, a pagan god is nothing but a rune dressed up with a little bit of sentience and will. Much of the behaviour of a pagan god is instinct and rote. When the pagan prays and his prayers affect the Essence World, the god must respond because the changes made in the Essence world reflect back into the God World. In effect, if a prayer to the rain god is made properly, the rain god /must/ try to make it rain."

In all seriousness, I don't think a god gets a choice in this. Illuminates can hide their infractions from their god, spells traded can be traded via Issaries and can be used for any purpose, magic can be embedded in Truestone and used by anyone (not sure about how HQ models this, or whether this is an outdated idea).

Phil.