Re: Zzabur and Britha

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_COJmK-keLP0Y15fzcVPL_HcTYcAFmkQ40cusXI76lrXDy7MHS4R08L7IROzdPQ6FJ>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:10:28 -0800

ygwv

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM, <hcarteau_at_KkAMeniTUk4XdhboSmBI0csnSDonQKaHtOa6dESg3l04R21K0fx0KM8pwpQcmeYRNROY9tGFInlz.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> De: Scott <romulan_ace_at_lgzfo2BNVAPXz3ymxSUPYkWj8AoNoNcNufjm0VAqKWWEowov2bfr8JlTA-Pc82IuRJ4uoEv7qOiKIPzr9Q.yahoo.invalid>
>
> While it was there, what's the story of the elves on Brithos?

Once upon a time, before humans existed, there was the Green Age, the time of One Forest. All colors were green, so the mountaintop was Green White, and its shoulders Green Yellow, and its skirt green green and green green. When I was there I could pick up comfort and wrap it around me like a cloak of soft, warm leaves. Wrapped in that love I was one, one of them who danced to be alive, near senseless with bliss... ...but only near, and not near enough.
Even buried beneath six carefully layered cloaks of dream, before Her, my deep and deep self woke, "Britha!" I gasped, and she smiled and all was well and she said "forest,"
Forest, forest, forest said the dance all around me, delighted indeed to have a name for us and we were, and the world said back Britha Britha britha britha
Unheard, unechoed, unknown to me or the cosmos, the invisible consequences sang also
It's the elves who sing that song now
I made it, before I knew what was or what making was That's their first story

I imagine the goddess Britha was one of the most Tapped entities in
> Glorantha

that's another story of Brithos elves.
Zzabur high and great one spelled out the Tapping He wrote it all down, even before his Blue Book Jarnanargar was the one who manifest it
cruel wise man, like collecting maple syrup into a bucket his magic sweet to humans
done once
and Zzabur high and great one crushed Jarnanargar a smear on the ground, where the tapped grove stands, weeping

To tap is to destroy
The Wise Ones do not destroy

Zzabur High and Great did it only one time that's why they where thrown from the world you know: he broke his own rule

> so maybe the elves were allowed to remain so their worship could
> "recharge" her.

The aldryami barely recognize the importance of Talar making the compact with them
The Brithini know it well, as it is one of the actions that initiated the new Action
In it, the aldryami agreed to allow the Brithini remain

In short, look at

http://moondesignpublications.com//new/mythmapwestern.html

and see how big the Brithini lands are in their pre-tapping by Zzabur to destroy his nemesis.

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer