Back to vampirism in Glorantha

From: hcarteau_at_BB8oQr7cYLOV3EhWSw5I3PyV0O9KRXdOVgchnuW46MmLrSyAESk2xY5G1PqcMToGvdv
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 18:19:28 +0100 (CET)

I remember a very old Dragon TSR annual which introduced vampyrs from all over the world (Indonesia, Africa, China, etc) and gave a brief summary of their ablities, with rules translation. Clearly glorantha vampirism goes in this direction now - every vampire might be a complete surprise, à la Call of Cthulhu / Dark Ages.

Why not ? It makes it all more interesting. I can already picture heortling vampires are not the same as dara happans or westerners or hsunchen. They would have the same mythological background and could work in teams, such as the vampire king of the Elder Wilds has done before. Yet each could have specifics : one drains blood, the other magics, the other physical strength, etc to survive.

Remember Potonis, Naderia and their cohorts in "Legacy of Pavis" ? They were quite customized vampires already.

In game terms, I'd agree entities such as delicti or brangbane are something else, and I like the word "lich". But your average glorantha would not have any problem calling them indiscriminately vampire, ghoul, wight or whatever.

Hervé