Re: Disconnected use of Magics (was Vampirism)

From: Jeff <richaje_at_3Bv1aVaugdP3Cidn1UQj1JZp4AXsgOAyL57Z2sQRW5S9_55lzFA8a38jsca6VWzw6Qoo>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:03:49 -0000

> Agree -- but they won't all be vampires. I prefer "lich" as the catch-all for powerful, mysterious undead myself.

FWIW, Gloranthan "vampires" fall into that catch-all as well. They are all powerful, mysterious unliving creatures that should be terrifying and unpredictable. Just like they were in our own folklore until Hollywood, Dungeons & Dragons, Anne Rice, and White Wolf tried to define them. I suspect the only common thread is that they drink blood (but not necessarily with fangs, I know of at least one that drinks it from a lead goblet encrusted with gems).

Jeff