Re: Is Spell Trading the hallmark of a vampire squid?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_Bdl-gLtFvrMGs53MvosX7hFk3AvwFvzuvtrWVNtDY4ZhECg9f7ARtwaw88qdB_apoJF0>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 08:28:50 -0000

> I call him a ghoul because he eats corpses and is called the King of
> Ghouls by Sartarites. The distinction I see is that vampires drink hot
> blood while ghouls eat cold flesh. Now there is scope for ambiguity but
> in the case of the Dancers of Darkness, who undoubtedly swallow chunks
> of flesh while they rip people's throats out to drink their blood, are
> still vampires.

And that's a reasonable enough distinction. Vampire equals drink hot blood, ghouls eat cold flesh. Works for me.

But beyond that, vampires, ghouls, liches are just titles. Lich just means "body" or "corpse". Ghoul just means "demon" or "greedy/gluttonous". And so on. They are all horrid undead monsters.

Jeff