Re: The Sweet Sea

From: jorganos <joe_at_C9l9m0nLJ1NctamtcBpNy4lg8ba9Pt1898LIKIRB7EkE-g33QLTtXzojrqrSb6qU59B884VE>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 00:30:59 -0000

chris jensen romer wrote:

> Are there any good sources for the Sweet Sea?

All the myths we know appear in Entekosiad. Much is about blue-skinned invaders who came up the Janube, drowning the land and existing beneath the waters. Even though I would assume that quite a few of the people in Carmania have some of those among their ancestry, these guys usually appear as bad invaders, either forces of hostile waters or sorcerers, possibly both at once.

Information on this part of Carmania has always been limited to a few paragraphs. The ancient myths in Entekosiad get a little more space.

The Janube and the Poralistor are special rivers. The Poralistor is one of the few rivers still flowing into the same direction as during the invasion of the waters (but downhill, unlike the Syphon). (Come to think of it, so does the Oslir...)

The Janube appears to have been summoned by the sorcerers of Sogolotha Mambrola, aka Sog City. It was their magic which caused the Sweet Sea to develop a stable second run-off.

> My players gave left the Poralistor and are sailing across to the Janube. I have most books but finding info always hard work!

If the sources are old enough, you can look up the page numbers here:

http://www.glorantha.com/tools/buserian/Entry/Mabakarrisaro