Re: Is Spell Trading the hallmark of a vampire squid?

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_JgdMqB_0TNPy4G_jGG1Z6SjfHPRTAXzWIViJXG5V7RCiS_1mQZ6Oc2dIAFS3>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 13:20:14 +0000 (GMT)

I thought Gloranthan Draugr were the superior sentient undead created by the Urain cult (the unofficial but impressive Book of Drastic Resolutions on Chasos, iirc).
Is that what David had in mind too, or is this phrase now used to refer to some other powerful undead created by the Nontraya cult?
Richard Hayes

From: David Cake <dave_at_iBVzYaU5X1cfBQ5WjNqpBZUESBb4pKuWFiRDHWjjIDdIfOEstBJPtnuse3LRPcIUKl5EkGNkhk1CR672tBI.yahoo.invalid> To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com Sent: Monday, 19 December 2011, 9:06
Subject: Re: Is Spell Trading the hallmark of a vampire squid?

On 17/12/2011, at 11:45 AM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> Vivamort - the classic vampire tradition.  Arose in Tanisor and spread
> throughout Genertela by the Gbaji Wars.  Took a real hammering under the
> EWF by Yan Starcere.  I think its current resurgence is because it was
> never eradicated in Peloria and it has spread with the Lunar Empire.

    Agree with all of this. I think the RQ3 sorcerous vampire tradition roughly corresponds to what we know as the VivaMort tradition.

> Nontraya - associated with Delecti and possibly Brangbane.  More than
> just vampires as Brangbane is more like a ghoul.  Received a major boost
> when Delecti joined up.

    Possibly Delectis story is a bit more complex, but I agree that both Nontraya and Brangbane have little to with 'Vivamort'. Nontraya is associated with all sorts of otherworld monsters besides vampires and ghouls as well.     I think Orlanthi are, in general, more likely to become draugr rather than vampires, and sorcerous cultures are more likely to become vampires.     Cheers

        David

Yahoo! Groups Links