Re: Unlife in French (was Unlife in Sartar)

From: hcarteau_at_btqDH1i6qdaepLe2gSNibLCwfyMjjaOz1EMq7b4QSJoF64lD_OvvufHt_Sf2n7qVW9D
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:56:22 +0100 (CET)

The concept of "without breath" is commendably Orlanthi, and it is a great shame that it doesn't sound as good in French (or English). But then if I remember correctly the film known as "Breathless" in English was  "Au bout de souffle" in (the original?) French, which means at the end of one's breath. Right for that film, but it doesn't sound right here either.
/// A bout de souffle means out of breath, as in you're exhausted. Metaphorically, it may mean you're at the end of your road, as the character in that movie.

I wondered about Les maudits marchants (or les maudits ambulants?), by which I am trying to say, "the walking damned"?
/// Sounds like XXX. "Maudit" means either "cursed" or "doomed". I sometimes use "les morts qui marchent" myself. Still can't find a catchy, sinister formula though.

Curse the walking dead. Curse those who evoke them in the darkness. Curse the bloodsuckers and eaters of dead flesh. Humakt slashes them all and sends them to Hell.