Re: Is Spell Trading the hallmark of a vampire squid?

From: David Cake <dave_at_DVtJUIKWd6ki29Op-nYU3B4IgaiW16uzU4PhA8OpfO0zcf5rxPP6-pu7pI49Wd5YZnKFIIf>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:03:27 +0800

On 19/12/2011, at 9:20 PM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> I thought Gloranthan Draugr were the superior sentient undead created by the Urain cult (the unofficial but impressive Book of Drastic Resolutions on Chasos, iirc).

        Draugr are sentient undead, and I think Orlanthi would identify Urain as the mythic source of such monsters. I don't think there really is much of an Urain cult per se, though, rather Urain is the mythic explanation for why some Orlanthi return as undead twisted by hate and anger.

> Is that what David had in mind too, or is this phrase now used to refer to some other powerful undead created by the Nontraya cult?

	Some Orlanthi might blame Urain, some might blame Nontraya, some might simply say the hideous undead are the result of some curse, perhaps retribution for kinslaying or other crimes. The undead themselves are not communicative on the subject, and simply try to kill anyone who gets in their way.
	I don't think either Urain or Nontraya really has much, if any, formal cult. Occasional Orlanthi who are consumed with hatred and anger are able to draw magical power from them.
	Cheers
		David