Re: Are Runes Foundational?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_0waTnHA3bHG9VJLrn4xAf-v-RGfBohz0XOzNZ3OlfeYO-F4ADVLwn-PBM2PKdUGMg6I>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 15:06:25 +1300

On 1/6/2012 2:34 PM, Nick the Nevermet wrote:
> At the same time, people on this list have said several times that the West isn't really that rune-oriented,

I'm not sure who said this but the west is rune-oriented. What the West may not pay any attention to is the personal runes that person has - for them, the runes of their grimoires are far more important.

> and the recent Daxdarius discussion has at least one person suggesting that Dara Happa didn't have runes, and another person suggesting that the difference between Orlanthi and Dara Happan runes could be as different as Latin& Chinese characters.

Since I'm the person that brought up Latin and Chinese characters, my point was the complete opposite - that the Orlanthi runes could be used to model Dara Happan magic without any loss in accuracy. The Dara Happans do have runes - you can see them on the Gods Wall and in the Fortunate Succession.

--Peter Metcalfe