Re: Mongoose GLORANTHA: THE SECOND AGE books

From: Jeff <richaje_at_I0nIgcpJbiLhcJMkLrkLP79TO78_VUtc28mIWuUL-5NpldkaA4KBIx1fq3M5pQvx7PGs>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 05:45:20 -0000

> Hrelar Amali is a ruin in the 3rd Age material (and IIRC it's an abandoned ruin, unlike Imperial Age).

I just finished the Safelster section of the Guide to Glorantha, and boy, there's going to be a lot of information that has never been in print before about the region.

In the First Age, Hrelar Amali was the most important temple in Western Genertela. It fell to something the Safelstrans claim was "Vadeli sorcery" in the Second Age; what that was for certain is not known in the Third Age.

One thing about looking at the Second Age in the West from the perspective of the Third Age - so much knowledge is now lost. The libraries of the God Learners were destroyed, monuments were defaced, and the greatest cities of Seshnela are now shattered ruins. For four centuries, Seshnela was in a Dark Age until the dynasty of Bailifes and the Rokari sect were able to reunite that shattered land. Only the immortal Brithini of Arolanit remember what happened in the Second Age, and of course they aren't talking.

Jeff