Re: Xeotam dialogues

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_WyXx4eMT-u1fZOoV4TGJyK1iQRSqNYS__Gjx0vYwnHskG-8GFZJZpjtF64N5i9CEukh>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:32:08 +1300

On 1/25/2012 9:02 PM, Jeff wrote:
> Absolutely. And this is something many Malkioni do. So a typical spell
> may summon and compel a magical entity to perform a specific task
> (such as making a sword sharp, making someone fall in love, making it
> rain, or whatever). Why else do you think the God Learners spent so
> much time studying the myths of other people?

Might I make a suggestion? I know the traditional Malkioni spells have been full of dull pragmatic names, such as Kill Rat or Analyse Magic. These would be the Zzaburi or Brithini names. For spells which comes from other sources, such as the Hrestoli, the Abiding Book or even Xeotam, you give the spells a slightly more poetic flavour with the Brithini equivalent in brackets, such as Awaken the Lions Heart (Bravery) or such like.

--Peter Metcalfe