The Experience of Joy

From: Daniel <von_das_at_qS0AorhzwUzCmEzL2HSDBKFo3kGmTOPV2rpHOfXgbqusonbTdOoLnr76s22qS2AmTXiW>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 11:42:01 -0000

I am rather curious about the actual experience of Hrestoli Joy, putting aside the theological discussions about its nature for a moment. I understand it happens every now and then during regular worship, and possibly on some special occasions as well. I also understand that it can happen to people in non-Hrestoli churches.
  1. What does it actually feel like? Is it a very individual experience, or does it transcend individuality? How self-conscious is a person while experiencing Joy? is it just a rapturous feeling of oneness with the Invisible God/a higher level of the Universe, or is there something more to it?
  2. Would it feel differently depending on one's beliefs (Church or individual)?
  3. How often would it generally happen?
  4. Would it happen to some people more often than to others?
  5. Can an uninitiated outsider tell that someone is actually experiencing Joy?
  6. How long does it usually last?

Yours,
Daniel Adamov