Re: The moon and the Telmori

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_MNszoP2A19bUR-uDEer2wcvA8VX80w20xf_rWDTT5GyHYhAk-Pyyj_mpUj4pk8Ew6mq>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:53:15 +0000

Lord Hennamono wrote:

> On 27/02/12 21:06, hcarteau_at_FE0oAI19t29naWpfRV-J6cUBfTPIupsuLK4ny1cpKlvTktNQmVEDKFmKECHQLaI7eFiLu2dDBUU-9t0.yahoo.invalid <mailto:hcarteau%40free.fr> wrote:
> > Telmori who supported gbajii the devil were cursed by Ascended
> Master Talor to revert to
> > base beasts every wildday, for that is the day when bhodisavatta
> Talor cursed them at the
> > end of the first age. It predates the blood moon's rise by over a
> thousand years.
>
> Is there a canon source for this? (Not the date or event but the fact
> that it definitely the day that matters)

An out-of-print source, so possibly Naughty to mention it, but this is stated to be the case in Dorastor: Land of Doom, which is presumably still canon. Although, that gives the reason for the day as being Nysalor's choice, not Talor's.

> > Also note the majority of telmori are not thus cursed, and do not
> have to change to wolf
> > form once every week.
>
> Yes, as I understand it pure Telmori are just ordinary Hsunchen who
> transform themselves by magic. But how does it work for the cursed? Are
> they forced to use their magic on Wildday (and so presumably wouldn't
> transform if they had been prevented from learning it or been somehow
> deprived of it?) or is the transformation separate to their Hsunchen
> magics (so on other days they could transform using magic without a
> degrading of their minds?)

Again, according to Dorastor: Land of Doom, the transformation is "without magical aid", and not part of their usual magics.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/