Re: Troll illumination

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_ZG5jq0sPO-9Lymf7hNwaH7v0Jszz05L2UyKiVN0hQJ6DKO8lFI4Vmee7E7kuMtDz>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:47:53 -0000

I just finished playing a troll who was on a path that would have led to illumination. She was odd. She was a Pamaltelan jungle troll who had joined the largely imported Zorakarkat cult. Their long-term goal was the reversal of all the curses that afflict the uz. Their method was to loot all magical systems. They could use spirit, rune, and sorcerous magic. But, as they advanced beyond the simplest stuff, their combinations of magic resulted in a rising chance of illumination. This led to legendary intra-cult wars of zombie armies. (Anything leading to a war of zombie armies is a big plus for me.) Sadly, her tendency to try to loot any kind of magic led her to try a magical item that swapped her soul into an abomination that had stolen the soul of a pre-time earth priestess, now insane. She persuaded the party to kill her body before the priestess could escape in it. Presumably, as soon as the party left, she reanimated her body as a zombie. So she'll make a great encounter in that dungeon, if we ever go back.

Chris