Re: Infinity, Stasis, Magic in S:KoH

From: David Dunham <david_at_GwqJpED5AAU3IWhJl17tZU3M44mfR7_4ck4kztp6rbYPgpp66Xbnm35LNzX16BmUCqS15J>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 13:03:54 -0400

On 4 May 2012, at 06:18, Daniel wrote:

> Personally I think that Magic, relatively useless as it is, might still function as a sort of jack-of-all-trades affinity to help enact magic and connect with the Otherworlds. It may indeed be a sign of a great future magician, though it does seem like a strange thing to have.

Strange, but then player characters often are.

I'd lean towards making this an expert in magic -- you might be able to detect it, analyze spells, or maybe even augment magic from a different realm than usual. I wouldn't want to be a generic "I can do magic" ability, even if it would be limited by the rating, and likely subject to specific ability penalties.

Its use in augments will be limited by the "keep it fresh" rule, so again it wouldn't necessarily be overpowering.

> Stasis, though, really doesn't seem like something an Orlanthi would normally get. I can see it in conjunction with one of the 15% cults. I wonder if it also helps one get along with dwarves. It certainly won't make you popular among your own people.

Maybe you're a builder (even though that's usually the Motion rune)?

David Dunham