Re: How many Sartarites are cult initiates?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_nGjQP_ecm9C5yxzKOdsFok6RsSFBMi-Pq_m0vClt8eosU3TSiU8sGnmiK5bXQ_sC4P2v>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:29:06 -0000

> Good to know. I'll add that S:KoH explicitly says 42% children (or 50%, but it depends how you count.) On p. 107 it says the population pyramid is:

S:KoH gives an average breakdown of age groups in a given clan. It comes out that approximately 50% of any clan are "children" (including folk who have not been dedicated to a cult). This can matter for modeling your clan over periods of time, since it can be helpful to know how quickly your clan can replace the warriors who just died in that disastrous uprising.

This is the same with the long-standing approximation that Greg and I have used that about 50% of any mortal human community are "children" - an approximation used in developing all of Glorantha's population figures, be it in the Orange Boxed Set, the Lunar Army Book, or the Guide to Glorantha.

Jeff