Re: Okapi

From: Richard Hayes richard_hayes29_at_yahoo.co.uk [WorldofGlorantha] <WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 21:19:58 +0000 (UTC)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_sierratel.com> Subject: Re: Okapi
To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 25 March, 2011, 16:01

> This is an Okapi.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okapi
>
> Do Okapi exist in Glorantha?
> If so how did they come about [there is the immediate MGF idea], and how
> to the Praxians feel about them?

Well, they could be:

An attempt (failed, 'cause there aren't any in Prax in the Second or Third age) to create a horse that will survive the Plains (maybe Issaries' first attempt at a donkey, but crossing a horse with a zebra (and yes, I know that they are more closely related to giraffes, but if it looks like a horse...)),
or
they exist in Pameltela (or somewhere else equally far and exotic) and the Praxians know nothing of them, so have no opinion, or
It is a current Hero's attempt to get a plains-dwelling horse. or
It's the offsrpring of a Zebra-Broo and a horse (with Chaos features: "Quadreped, No Hands, Hung like a horse) or
It's one of the "Lost tribes" that we've just never documented. or,
No it doesn't.

The Praxian attitude will be both A) Conservative and B) Practical. "I don't know, that's neither Horse nor Zebra, but it can survive on in the Plains." Choose reaction:
[] It's Chaos, Kill it!!!!!
[] It can survive on the Plains, it is one of Waha's Lost Tribes. Praise Waha!
[] It can survive on the Plains, Waha is increasing our tribes. Praise Waha! [] It is a trick by the {Lunars/Sartarites/Castle People/Pentans/Kraloreleans/Teshnans/Choose another} [] What is it? I don't know, but I raided it, so it's mine now. Take it from me if you can.
[] What are you pointing at? There is nothing there. You city folk are crazy.

RR
From such a face and form as mine, the noblest sentiments sound like the black utterances of a depraved imagination.

<!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

<!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->