Re: Fyrd size & emergencies

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_o-eBvN4sbuR-kuV9FwRuCNJax78ZJHiBlmHwS-c03sFI865NELqINUJBwUZgklsWsU>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:39:19 -0500

Nick Brroke wrote:

>Are we *really* saying that 95% of Heortling
>men and women aged 15+ are "fit for military
>service"?

Do not fall into the trap of assuming that aged Heortlings are invalids. We are talking about a robust people whose lives require them to be strong and able. Surviving to old age means an individual has skill, power, wisdom or a combination of these. Great-grandpa may have retired a decade ago, but you can bet that he'll break out the old wargear when them damn trolls come a-calling. :)

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_xC64uboOsjXPR74GYsvr4Zp9jcVUM2uhdpClHSR6QsBEAJNsRp9UKgu5K8S6dAnhF76qkNkfpzVOj1arKA5s.yahoo.invalid | and words, its slides and