Oasis folk

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:56:40 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

>As far as we know (i.e. from the Nomad Gods boardgame), that concerns the
>Beast Riders and those spirits useful in tribal warfare. I agree that
>whatever the other oases might have to offer would be useless for Beast
>Riders, but I contend that we don't know that the Oasis Folk don't have
>agricultural/horticultural spirits at other places. They are the secretive
>Tada-shi, after all.

I don't consider River Horse, Frog Woman, Mistress Calm, Rainbow Girl, Dew Maid and Ronance to be useful in Tribal Warfare for anybody yet they are still present in Nomad Gods. Even if the Tada-Shi have secretive practices, the spirits they worship are still contactable on the plains by anybody.

>In the Good Old Days, the Beast Riders roamed Genert's Garden and Sacred
>Prax. To call them Praxians in this context is like calling the Kingdom of
>Night the Holy Country - not quite accurate.

If they roamed Sacred Prax during the Good Old Days, then they are Praxians.

>The Golden Age folk of Prax (the Tada-shi) did have agriculture or
>horticulture, and therefore the need for appropriate spirits.

They did?

--Peter Metcalfe