Re: Oasis folk

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:05:41 +0100

Joerg:
>The Golden Age folk of Prax (the Tada-shi) did have
>agriculture or horticulture, and therefore the need for
>appropriate spirits.

Why would they have these when everything grew in plenty without any = effort?

Chris Lemens:
re: accelerate growth
>I think this is the magic that the Most Respected
>Elder at the Paps can use to replicate Eiritha's
>action when She first brought forth Eiritha's Bounty.
>I.e., it only works on grass.

Eiritha is the Herd Goddess, not a Goddess of plants. Eiritha's Bounty = is the Herds.

Chris Lemens:
>IIRC, Drastic Prax has the Horn
>of Plenty as one of the great treasures of Prax.
>Or are the 48 Old Ones more in the nature of
>the parts of the Horn that were not
>recovered and repaired?

The Horn is in one piece. It is normally in the possession of someone or = other and is not in need of recovery or repair.

>I disagree with Peter in that I do not think the Horn
>of Plenty and the 48 Old Ones are the same thing.

The idea is strange to me too. I don't see any reason for thinking = they'd be so connected.

Daniel