Re: True Dragons and heroic scale

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:07:31 -0400

On 12 May 2004 at 7:03, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org wrote:

> From: "Jane Williams" <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
>

> The impression I get is that fighting a dragon in the mundane is, as you
> say, futile, but defeating Aroka on heroquest isn't all that bad (in
> comparison, that is). KoDP, and so on. Which seems odd, but there you go.

I don't think that is all too odd, in fact. I chalk it up to the same principle that lets you fight a god while heroquesting whereas you are an insignificant ant otherwise. You can't fight the wind in the real world. But you can fight Orlanth on a heroquest. Same with Dragons, piercing the barrier to the otherworld changes the nature of the fight. Especially since you have community support (hopefully) and all that entails. The very nature of the conflict has changed, and you are now engaging the dragon in a totally different way than merely the physical.

LC