Re: Extended contests

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:05:09 -0000

I thought it was 3 because even a "2x bid" rexult wasn't enough for a wound

> Someone invoked this rule in last night's game... Yup, we still > forget after all these years.

Someone always gets carried away and can't wait to roll the dice;) I have an unwritten (and usually unvocalised) GM's rule that in a combat my NPC's default to a bid of 7, to cover me when I am busy dealing with a handful of PC's and NPC's while the Players only have one character each to worry about. I *Know* I have forgotten to announce the bid sometimes, but fortunately the players either didn't spot it, or were having too much fun to object.